Florin Mircea is a graduate of the Faculty of Law of the “Babeş-Bolyai” University, and subsequently attended the master’s courses in Security Management in the Contemporary Society at the Faculty of History and Philosophy of the same university.
Florin Mircea is one of the coordinators of the department of criminal law and criminal business law due to his intensive specialization in this legal field. In his more than 10 years of experience, he has ensured and led the activity of the firm of legal assistance and consulting in criminal cases with different degrees of complexity, mainly regarding crimes known as white-collar crimes from special laws, such as Law no. 78/2000 regarding the acts of corruption and those assimilated to them, Law no. 241/2005 for the prevention and combating of tax evasion, Law no. 656/2002 for the prevention and sanctioning of money laundering, Law no. 297/2004 regarding the capital market etc., in all phases of the criminal process.
Florin Mircea has successfully represented hundreds of clients, from simple Romanian or foreign private citizens to various high-ranking public officials, businessmen with local or national reputation, doctors, police officers, lawyers, notaries and magistrates. Also, his legal services have benefited authorities, institutions and other public entities of national interest, non-governmental organizations, a financial investment company whose shares are traded on the stock exchange, several financial institutions and resident or non-resident trading companies, with a cumulative turnover in the order of hundreds of millions of euros.
He has obtained notable solutions for:
- A sports federation that was absolved of the obligation of paying more than 250 million euros following the acquittal of the management bodies for the accusations of abuse in the service
- An important railway company in Romania whose employees have been accused for multiple crimes in the field with damages of approx. 30 million lei and which were mostly removed
- A nationally known businessman, who was acquitted by the High Court of Cassation and Justice for economic crimes with a damage of 15 million lei
- Several police officers, notaries, lawyers and magistrates in corruption cases finalized with not being sent to trial or acquitted by the High Court of Cassation and Justice
- Doctors accused of various crimes in relation to their professional activity, in which decisions to not prosecute the cases were taken
- Former president of a county council sent to trial on charges of tax evasion with a damage of over 5 million euros and who was subsequently acquitted
His professional training also includes the drafting and arguing of preliminary references to the Court of Justice of the European Union and also judicial cooperation in criminal matters at international level, especially regarding the European arrest warrant and the transfer of judicial procedures between EU Member States.
In non-criminal matters, Florin Mircea specialized and held workshops dedicated to professionals in order to comply with the new European requirements for preventing and combating money laundering and terrorist financing.
Florin Mircea speaks fluent English and also German at conversational level.