Cristian Mihai Lazăr graduated from the Faculty of Law of Babeș-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca. Later he attended and graduated the master’s program “Criminal and Forensic Sciences” from the Faculty of Law of the same university.
Cristian Mihai Lazăr is part of the criminal law department, specializing intensely in the practice of this field. Right from the beginning of his career, through the determination and professionalism with which he undertook his activity, he provided legal assistance and advice in all phases of the criminal process and in cases with varying degrees of complexity. Thus, he ensured the defense in criminal files having as object both common law offences and special law offences, regarding acts of corruption, tax evasion or money laundering.
In his professionalization, he also pursued the solid preparation of the conclusions supported in different cases before the Court of Justice of the European Union. Last but not least, he specialized in judicial cooperation in criminal matters at international level, especially regarding the European arrest warrant, as well as the transfer of judicial procedures between EU Member States. Apart from the criminal law spectrum, Cristian Lazăr also specialized in the field of GDPR implementation, either at the level of public authorities or in relation to private operators.
Dozens of clients were represented by Cristian Mihai Lazar, from simple Romanian or foreign natural persons, to various high-ranking public officials, businessmen with notoriety at local or national level. Also, Cristian Mihai Lazăr participated in criminal proceedings in the defense of the interests of some authorities or public institutions of national interest and of companies whose cumulative turnover is in the order of hundreds of millions of euros.
As a lawyer, Cristian Lazăr:
- was a member of the team that obtained a very successful solution for a central energy authority by removing the obligation to pay civil damages of over 8 million euros following the explosion of a building. In the same case, the director of that authority concerned with several work related offences was also acquitted.
- has ensured the representation of persons in proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights.
- was a member of the team that obtained remarkable solutions in the preliminary chamber for a major company on the market of importing cars in cases targeting various economic crimes.
- has ensured the defense of various doctors, police officers or officials accused in connection with their professional activity in the criminal prosecution phase.
- participated in the implementation of the GDPR in all public services of a municipality with more than 200,000 inhabitants, as well as in several commercial companies.
Cristian Mihai Lazăr speaks fluent English.